The do’s and don’ts – Circle One Surfboard care guide
Following good surfboard care is so important in extending the life of your surfboard! Here are some top tips to protect your new surfboard:
- Rinse the surfboard after using it. Doing this stops the salt stains on the surfboard but also helps prevent corrosion from grime/salt building up in the fin boxes/grub screws.
- Avoid wrapping your leash around your board. Remove your leash and stash it somewhere you wont forget it next time, trust us on this one! It makes a world of difference when your leash isn’t tangled in the water.
- Remove your fins when you are storing your surfboard for long periods of time, they are liable to be snapped or worse cause damage to your surfboard.
- Keep it wrapped up, check out our range of board bags; they definitely help stop the dings you don’t find, until you go to surf.
- DO NOT SURF if the surfboard has damage which has penetrated the resin, get it fixed. Surfing it will cause more damage by allowing water inside. If there’s no other option (sometimes we just have to surf) keep a roll of foil or ‘gaffer’ tape in the car; this is the best quick fix.
- DO NOT use wax to fill a ding, this doesn’t work and will only make any repair harder to carry out.
- If you are going to be storing the surfboard for a while, remove the wax. **dirty wax smells!**
Check out our new Carbon Tech Surfboards, landing Spring 2018!